the little eyes that spark when the tiny lips smile (6)

head of department office, Wednesday morning, 12 January

walking passed by the boss’ office,
on my way to student’s final presentation,
I saw a mother and her son,
a familiar face of a senior who also teach at Unsyiah
I stopped by and heard a miraculous story
from someone been drifted and drawn and saved

the boy stood there beside his mother
I tried to search for sparks, for smiles
no spark, no smile
I extended my hand, trying to shake his
he pushed my hand and turned his back away
he was never the same since that Sunday,
his mother told,
even flowers in the park could be a reason to cry

where are those sparks on those little eyes?
where are those smiles on those tiny lips?

to be continued

penciled by -rino @ 2:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home