pouring salt into a lake

lying there,
feeling the unbelievably salty water of Dead Sea on my back
and gazing the blue sky of Israel,
I started to think about the parable of the salt.
it was said,
“you are the salt of the world”
and I completely agree.



however…

once upon a time,
a friend who knew my load of work and my salary ;-)
asked me why I wanted to be where I am now.
I answered because
here I can do and contribute things
which in other established - and so more comfortable - places,
will be considered as pouring a spoonful of salt into an ocean.
that was then and there.

here and now,
I began to think that what I'm doing is
like pouring a spoonful of salt into a lake
and it’s a big kinda lake, I suppose.
I've heard people said,
so what (getu loh ;-)), you can join hands with others
and pour your many spoonfuls of salt together.
nothing's wrong about that,
but again I feel that almost all the people I work with
have their own lake to pour in.

so what should I do?
I honestly don’t know,
except for continuing and improving what I’ve been doing,
getting into a larger and larger circle
so we can really do something meaningful together,
and, lastly, hoping and praying for leaders,
the kind of leaders who can really pull up and unite
all these incredibly talented people
(Indonesia’s best sons and daughters, so they say)
to march towards something
that all of us really believe in and passionately work in.

what else can I do?
could you tell me, please.

"Let me tell you why you are here.
You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth.
If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?
You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage”
-- excerpt from Jesus’ sermon in Mt. Beatitudes (The Message)

penciled by -rino @ 10:21 AM

3 Comments:

At 13/4/06 10:44 AM, Blogger Merlyna commented...

ngambang di laut Mati... wow, fascinating! that's one of my lifetime dreams!

 
At 21/4/06 12:07 PM, Blogger Credo commented...

Itu emang ga ngapa2in di dalam airnya ya Kak? Melayang gitu aja? whii, kewl! :D

 
At 25/4/06 7:17 PM, Blogger -rino commented...

mer: pengen yah? hayuk atuh, kapan jalan2 bareng lagi...

ndc: apa pun yang dilempar ke sana bakal ngambang kok ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home